I just returned from providing some continuing education to high-level Equinox trainers in NYC. This is something that I do 4-6 times per year – providing 11 hours of continuing ed over the course of two days on each trip to major cities all over the US.
And it always reminds me of the power of extended presentations like that. Having continuous access to a speaker/presenter for a couple of days allows for a more intimate and effective coaching setting. As the presenter, I get to be more comfortable, and really try to teach a big-picture perspective (because I now have the time). As as attendees, the trainers get to really absorb a lot of my thoughts and experiences, and ask innumerable questions over those 2 days.
With that idea in mind, I wanted to introduce you to two world-class coaches…Joe Kenn (NFL Strength Coach) and Mike Robertson (who I have talked about many times).
A few months ago, they put on an exclusive seminar called the Elite Athletic Development Seminar. Over the course of 2 days (15 hours) they pulled back the curtain to show exactly how they write programs and coach their athletes. And much like those private Equinox talks I give, that amount of time really allows for some unbelievable material to be shared, and to really see their big-picture approach to coaching.
The seminar already happened so you can’t sign up for it now, but I wanted to let you know that they recorded that seminar and are making it available.
Here’s a small sampling in what’s in the course:
- Critical approach to make sure all of your programming bases are covered
- How to develop programs that address multiple physical qualities (i.e. speed, power, strength, conditioning, etc)
- Where most programs fail miserably – and what you can do to avoid it
- A “behind-the-scenes” look at real programs, designed by real coaches, No theory and conjecture here, just the good bad and the ugly behind real world programs
- A step-by-step process on how to build complex programs. Chasing one physical capacity is easy, but how do you address multiple factors without killing your athletes?
- How to organize daily and weekly training sessions for maximum success
- The evolution of Joe Kenn’s Tier System, and how he’s using it today to build elite athletes
- 6 factors for coaching success
If you’re serious about becoming the best coach possible, the Elite Athletic Development seminar is a must-have resource in your collection, so I highly recommend you check it out.