Filed under: Nutrition
I have gotten requests from several readers for me to do a new Day in the Life segment, as people love to see what I am eating on a daily basis. Below is a snapshot of what a normal day looks like for me. Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments.
Wake at 5:00
Breakfast at 5:15
- 5 whole pastured eggs, scrambled
- 1.5 tsp pastured butter
- 1 slice Ezekiel toast
- ~1-2 tsp organic raspberry preserves
- 1 banana
- 12oz water
- 2-3oz POM Wonderful
- 10oz coffee (sometimes organic, sometimes not)
- 1 multivitamin
- 1 tsp Carlson’s Finest Fish Oil
- 5,000 IU vitamin D
- 1 probiotic
Snack at 9:00
- 3oz organic cheddar cheese
- 1 apple (sometimes organic, sometimes not – depends on what’s available)
- water as desired
Lunch at 12:00
- 1 Ezekiel tortilla wrap
- 2 tbsp olive oil basil pesto
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 tbsp hummus
- water as desired
Pre-Training Smoothie at 3:00
- 4oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4oz unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 5 grams creatine
- 1 tbsp organic cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp organic milled flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup organic frozen cherries
- water as desired, sometimes 10oz more coffee
Walk Dog 5:30-6:00
Post-Training Dinner at 6:30
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 whole pastured egg
- ~2 tbsp organic quinoa flakes
- ~2 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 2 cups green beans & carrots
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- seasoned to taste
- 4 dried figs
Bed at 9:00 or 10:00ish, usually 10:00.
- I will often have a few cups of green tea mixed in there as well.
- On an non-training day here is what I would do differently: the Pre-Training Smoothie just wouldn’t have the oats, and post-training I probably wouldn’t have the figs. Other than that, it would be a very similar day, though definitely no 3:00pm coffee.
Check out the BSP Training & Nutrition Newsletter!
You will get immediate access to:
- Weekly updates and exclusive content.
- The 20-page report "The Truth About Saturated Fat & Cholesterol."
- Become more awesome!