Being the Nutritionist at CP, a lot of clients like to give me recipes to try, which is a nice perk. Or they make the recipe for me, which is an even nicer perk! Anyway, one CP client just gave me a recipe for a soup that sounds delicious (thanks Lisa).
Now I will say that I have not yet tried the soup, I plan on making it very soon, but I do trust Lisa’s judgement. She also gave me a wheatberry salad recipe that is to die for, and at some point I will post that up as well. I just thought that given the cold rainy weather we have had for the past few days up here in New England, that a nice warm soup would really hit the spot!
Green Power Soup
- 1 bag each organic frozen: broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach (can be frozen or unfrozen)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove elephant garlic, or 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 containers organic free range chicken broth
- Redmond Real Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 can coconut milk or 1/2 carton unsweetened almond milk
Throw all ingredients in pot, heat until tender. Puree soup. Then, if desired, add 1/2 container of almond milk or coconut milk. (I pureed the soup and stored it without the milk; to each individual bowl, I decided whether to add some almond/coconut milk when heating it.)
Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Check out the BSP Training & Nutrition Newsletter!
You will get immediate access to:
- Weekly updates and exclusive content.
- The 20-page report "The Truth About Saturated Fat & Cholesterol."
- Become more awesome!