So this is the end of my last week home with Anna and Kate before my Dietetic Internship begins full-time on Monday, which is a little bittersweet. I am excited to start my internship, but I am saddened to be seeing far less of my wife and baby girl!
While I love her to pieces, I do hope the sleep schedule improves soon!
Anyway there are several other points I want to make today, which are a little bit more nutrition and fitness related.
1. A theme I see quite often with online consulting clients is allowing meetings or other free food opportunities to dictate their food choices. While I understand this can be a nice money-saver, which I am all for, it is important to ensure that the choices you make in these situations are solid.
You might be able to get a quality sandwich or other entree, but often the sides are poor. At the very least you can consume a quality entree and bring your own sides, such as some fruit or veggies and hummus.
2. What are everyone’s thoughts on the ditching of the Food Pyramid in favor of the new MyPlate? I think it is definitely MUCH easier for people to understand and apply to their own eating, however it still does not address the issue of the actual choices people make to make up their plate, which is often the real problem.
3. My wife and I were able to watch Despicable Me last night, I highly recommend it. It was cute, funny and touching.
4. Stephan over at wholeheathsource has been running an incredible series on Food Reward, I highly recommend you check them out.
5. I just contributed to a cool new project, and I will keep you all up to date once it is ready to launch.
6. Have a great weekend everybody!
Check out the BSP Training & Nutrition Newsletter!
You will get immediate access to:
- Weekly updates and exclusive content.
- The 20-page report "The Truth About Saturated Fat & Cholesterol."
- Become more awesome!