Filed under: General Health
1. K.I.S.S Principle of the Day: Progressive Overload – by Tony Gentilcore. A great blog about how important progression is, and how simply it can be done.
2. Full-fat Dairy for Cardiovascular Health – by Stephan Guyenet. As you long-time readers surely know, I am generally not a fan of fat-free dairy. Stephan gives a great look at why full-fat dairy is actually protective of the heart, and why it just generally kicks ass.
3. 4 Weeks to a Healthier Heart—Week 1- by MSN Health. I am taking this one a different direction. This is an article I want you to read to find out what not to do to get a healthier heart. Granted there are some good tips in there, but telling people to not let fat intake exceed 30% of calories, keep saturated fat under 7%, and to start your morning with juice is just not correct. That might be applicable to some people, but that should not be information given to the masses. MSN Health traditionally gives out pretty crappy advice, as I have enumerated on many times. They just dumb down information to the point where it is no longer true, or it was never even true to begin with! A lot of people read this and believe it, and for the rest of us trying to give out actually good information, it is like shoveling shit against the tide.
Have a great weekend everybody!
Check out the BSP Training & Nutrition Newsletter!
You will get immediate access to:
- Weekly updates and exclusive content.
- The 20-page report "The Truth About Saturated Fat & Cholesterol."
- Become more awesome!